We teach with the Creative Curriculum at our Preschool. It is based on five fundamental principles of learning:
• Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
• Social–emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
• Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
• The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
• Teacher–family partnerships promote development and learning.
This is a balance of both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning. There is a heavy emphasis on responding to children’s unique learning styles and building on their strengths and interests.
Knowing how your child develops and learns is the basis for planning your child’s program, selecting materials, and guiding children’s learning.
By knowing, we mean appreciating general patterns of growth in all children as well as the differences you will certainly encounter among individual children.